Dana made me a pecan pie


I know this blog is about places to eat but occasionally I encourage cooking at home. Case in point, one of my best of best friends, painter Dana Liston called me over the Holidays and asked me what my favorite pie was. That's easy, pecan and this Sunday, she asked that I pick my pecan pie up. This is a tradition for Dana. She picks a couple of her friends and bakes them their favorite cake or pie for the New Year. This pie was amazing! I've had two slices myself so far, gave each of my family members one and my band mates in D.R.E. one at the last rehearsal. There's nothing quite like a pecan pie and a cup of tea. I can't tell you how many memories it brings. NOTE: Check out the "heart" and the "A" at oppositie ends of the crust. Now, that's custom!

Comments

Popular Posts